Microsoft regularly releases updates for its Windows users. These updates install the latest security patches and add extra functionalities to the operating system. However, it is recommended to keep Windows Updated but sometimes installing updates also comes with lots of trouble. Recently in September and October 2018, most of the user faces several difficulties after installing updates and most of them reported that their PC gets completely destroyed after installing updates.
2. Windows takes forever to restart
3. Some important users file gets deleted
4. Windows is not booting
5. Windows is not working properly.
6. Windows hangs or freezes
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
Once, your PC gets destroyed because of installing updates, it is not easy to fix it manually. You need to use Advanced System Repair Tool to repair Windows OS. When an update gets installed, it put thousands of files in the PC and affect dozens of services. Here, is the list of some awesome fix for this problem.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Method 2: Restore Windows
This is one and only guaranteed a solution to this problem. I always encourage the user to create a restore point. You can restore windows if you have created Restore point earlier. Restoring windows removes all the recent settings and configuration and take back your PC to an earlier setting.
Method 3: Check Compatibility Issue
Mainly, this problem occurs because of installing updates on the incompatible hardware or driver. There might be higher possibilities that updates is not supporting your current hardware or some driver. Here, I will tell you a unique method that will surely work for you.
This method is Resetting Windows Updates, Remove Incompatible driver and then install fresh windows updates.
Resetting Windows Updates will change the download directory and allows you to download and install fresh updates. So, if your PC has destroyed after installing the latest windows updates this trick might help you a lot. You can reset Windows updates as follows:
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. Stop BITS Services. Type following command one after another and press Enter.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
3. Delete the qmgr*.dat file. Type or paste following line in command prompt and press Enter.
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
4. Rename Software Distribution Folder. Type following line one after another and press enter.
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak
5. Apply default windows security to BITS Services and Windows Update Service. Paste the following command one after another and press Enter.
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
6. Remove Incompatible hardware and driver. You must eject additional attached device like Bluetooth, printer, gaming console, and other devices. Now, go to control panel and remove the additionally installed driver.
7. Type the following command at CMD and press Enter. This will take you current Windows directory.
cd /d %windir%\system32
8. Now Re-register the BITS file. Paste the following command on cmd and press Enter.
9. Reset Winsock. It will reset windows socket. Execute following command in command prompt.
netsh reset winsock
10. Restart BITS Services. Execute following command one by one.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
11. Clear BITS Queue. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, then you must clear the queue. Execute following command in command prompt.
bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers
12. Restart the computer.
Hope, this article would have been helping you in fixing of destroyed OS. If you found more method to fix this problem please share your fix in the comment section.