Are you getting following error continuously when check or go for windows update?
Windows Update Error Code 0x80240013
WU_E_DUPLICATE_ITEM Operation tried to add a duplicate item to a list.
Because of this error you may be:-
Unable to Check for Windows Update
Unable to Update or Upgrade
Update may gets failed in the middle of process
Unable to upgrade windows 7/8 to Windows 10 etc
I’ve got too many emails regarding this problem and users asks that why suddenly they have started getting this error? However, they didn’t make any changed or install program in PC. There is no virus or spyware or malware and no hardware issue then suddenly why this error appearing and stopping user from windows updates. In this article I will tell you all the possible reasons of this error will also tell you some tweak that will surely do 80240013 error fix. But before diving deep you must clean your PC using this tool. This tool is reported so helpful in this update error because it cleans dozens corners of your PC like registry file, extension issue, corrupt or damaged system files etc. so cleaning your PC using this tool might help you a lot.
What is the reason behind Windows Update Error 0x80240013 and how to Fix it?
This issue generally occurs in Windows Vista and Windows 7 but some user reported it on Windows 8 and windows 10 too. Simple meaning of this error code is you are not allowed to check windows update using windows update wizard or windows update, upgrades gets failed meanwhile the updating process.
It indicates that something is stopping windows update process in background so windows is behaving mysterious. Go through the following steps and Fix windows update error 0x80240013.
1. Cleaning your PC against viruses and malware might be good start. Scan your whole PC whatever antivirus you have. Always remember viruses create big trouble. After removing viruses and malwares you must need to repair damages which is done by viruses. Unfortunately all the anti viruses removes virus but doesn’t repair damages. Download the following tool in order to repair damages.
2. Installing other software might changes some registry entry. Registry is the very important files that keeps references of all the running processes, application, hardware and kernel. If this file get damages then you might get several more errors. However there is no manual steps to fix registry file except restoring your windows previous version. If you have made restore point then good to go for restoring your PC. It will clear all your problem in one click. If you don’t have restore point then you may use following tool to fix registry file.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
3. Outdated Driver is another big reason behind 0x80240013 update error. You just need to update all your driver before updating or upgrading your Windows 7/8/10, Vista and XP.
4. Missing Dll or System Files is one of the another possible reason behind this error. Installing or reinstalling several software changes various system files that causes this type of error. Unfortunately there are thousands of system files inside windows that is nearly impossible to track manually. Better to use other repair tool to fix missing system files problem.
5. Enough Storage Space: Make sure there is enough storage space to download updates. Sometimes due to lack of spaces in hard drive raises this update error.
6. Third Party Drivers: Also check for third party driver and their updates.
7. Remove extra hardware: You must remove additional peripherals like portable hard drive, gaming console, bluetooth etc.
8. Repair hard drive error: you can check for hard drive error and repair them if any found. You can check hard drive for error like this.
- Open command prompt
- Type following command and press Enter
- check all your drive using this method.
In this article I’ve tried to figure out Windows Update or Upgrade Error 0x80240013. However, it is tough to fix this error by tweaking PC settings manually so I prefer to use Advanced System Repair Tool to fix this error.