2. Broadband Error 629: “The port was disconnected by the remote computer”
3. “connection failed with error 629 – the connection was finished by the remote computer”
4. Broadband Error 631: ” The port was disconnected by the user”
5. 633 – “The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access”
6. Error 650: “The Remote Access server is not responding”
7. Error 651: “The modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error.”
8. Error 678: “The remote computer did not respond”
9. Broadband error 680: “No dial tone”
10. ERROR 691: “Access was denied because the username and or password was invalid on the domain”
11. Broadband error 721: “Remote PPP peer is not responding”
12. Broadband Error 769: “The specified destination is not reachable”
13. Error 815: “Error connecting broadband connection WAN Miniport (PPPOE)”
If you are unable to connect to the internet due to the above error, then read through this article. You will definitely get a solution.
Before jumping into the solution, you must know the reasons behind these errors so, you could fix it easily.
1. Invalid Login Credential: If you are entering invalid login credential then you might get the connection error 619, 629, 631, 633 and more.
2. Incompatible Modem Driver: Installing an incompatible modem can cause the same problem. You must update or reinstall the modem driver.
3. Missing System Files: Missing system files like dll file, sys file, ocx file etc can cause the same problem. The file can be deleted or corrupted because of installing incompatible software, driver, or games.
4. Corrupted Registry File: If Windows Registry File gets corrupted or damaged or have invalid key entries in it then you may also face the same error.
5. When Dialer is dialing an area code: In some cases, If dialer is dialing an area code, then you may also face the connection error.
In order to fix VPN or Broadband connection error 619, 629, 631, 633, 650, 651, 678, 680, 691, 721, 769, and 815, apply the following common solutions. These solutions work in almost all type of connection error.
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
This is all in one tool that analyzes every corner of your PC and fixes the problem if any error found. It repairs damaged registry files, system files, drivers issues and more. If your PC is recovered from the virus infection then it is recommended to use this tool in order to repair damage caused by the virus or malware attack. After optimizing your PC using this tool, you will be able to remove Broadband Connection Error or VPN Connection Error.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Method 2: Software or Driver Conflict
When other software or driver are starting to use the port that is required making the successful connection; this problem arises. In order to fix this issue, you must uninstall recently added software and drivers and reboot your PC.
Method 3: Remove extra peripheral devices
Extra peripheral devices like Bluetooth, wireless keyboard and mouse, printer, gaming console, additional network devices may use the same port and cause VPN connection error or broadband connection error too. You must remove these extra USB devices to restore internet connection.
Method 4: Firewall is blocking connection
Firewall is designed to blocking malicious connection from your PC to the internet. If you are using a Windows Firewall or any third party firewall then you must disable the firewall temporarily and try to connect with the internet.
Method 5: Fix Registry File
If there is an invalid entry in registry file or registry file gets corrupted or damaged, then most of the applications stop working properly. You must restore registry file from the backup or fix its problem using Advanced System Repair Tool.
Method 6: Delete Modem Configuration File and Driver
Delete the previous modem configuration file from the control panel > Uninstall Program and then install a fresh copy of the modem driver. By using the same way, also remove corrupted modem driver and then install latest and fresh driver.
Method 7: Update Windows OS along with the installed driver
You must update the Windows Operating System along with the installed driver. Updating windows with driver fixes a lot of trouble and speed up Windows Experience.
Method 8: Authentication Problem
Ensure you have correct login credential and your ISP account is not expired. Sometimes, ISP account goes expire without sending a consent and user didn’t know about it.
Method 9: Check Cable, Modem and other hardware equipment
You must ensure that there is no fault in your hardware setup. Check cable connection to PC, Modem Status and other hardware equipment. A simple loose cable connection might refuse the connection with internet.
Method 10: Restore your Windows Operating System
Restoring Windows Operating system is an awesome method to fix most of the windows problems including Broadband Connection Error 619, 629, 631, 633, 650, 651, 678, 680, 691, 721, 769, and 815.