Missing DLL file problem is very common around Windows user and every user almost face this problem. Most of the time, msvcp110.dll not found error occurs when installing a software, driver or hardware into your PC. However, this error may occur when uninstalling a software, booting your PC or launching preinstalled software. The software will not work properly in which this error is associated with. The msvcp110.dll error may occur in one of the following formats.
Cause of this problem
There are various reasons behind the msvcp110.dll error.
- Most probably this DLL file gets corrupted because of virus, trojan or malware.
- This file gets deleted or replaced by other software. This situation happens when you install third-party software or device driver into your PC.
- Installing of incompatible or malicious software also raise DLL error.
- Registry Entry Corruption is one of the major reason behind msvcp110.dll error. Most of the time, dll file does not lose but its entry in registry file gets corrupted, hence the system is unable to find this dll file.
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
The most of the common reason behind msvcp110.dll is Missing is corrupted or damaged system files like DLL files, EXE files, sys files etc. There are thousands of tiny system files are there that work specific task. If one of the files gets replaced, deleted or damaged then you may get msvcp110.dll Not Found or Missing Error.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has the large database with 25 million of files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to install the application once again.
Method 2: Download and Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
Downloading and installing the redistributable file may fix this error completely. You may download this file from this location:
If you have already installed it and still getting the error then do the following steps.
1. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Program
2. Find VC++ Redistributable File and Right click on them and select repair.
3. After finishing the process, restart the PC.
Method 3: Run System File Checker Tool
System File Checker tool is a command line tool that can be run easily in administrative command prompt. This tool scans Windows Installation and repairs the windows files if it found corrupted or damaged.
3. Let the process complete. Once the task completed, try to install the application again. Most probably, you will not get the msvcp110.dll is missing error.
Method 4: Restore Windows
It might be the best solution to restore Windows OS to the previous date. Restoring Windows doesn’t delete your data. It just removes customization and settings that are recently added. By doing that you will be able to get rid of this dll problem.
Method 5: Register msvcp110.dll File
Many times, this msvcp110.dll file doesn’t get deleted or corrupted but it gets unregistered from registry file. Register this file manually and your problem will be solved. In order to register this file once again, follows the following steps:
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Type following command and press Enter
Step 1: unregister msvcp110.dll file
regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll
Step 2: Register msvcp110.dll file
regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll
3. Close the command prompt.
4. Now restart the program that produces msvcp110.dll error.