The Runtime Error 1004 is tightly tied to the MS Excel application. It appears when you work on an MS Excel file and tries to generate micros in an excel file. However, this error may occur at any time when working with excel and may cause data loss. This is a very serious error and if you face this error more than once then you must read this article in order to know how to fix Run-time error ‘1004’: Application or object-defined error.
- VB: run-time error ‘1004’: Application-defined or object-defined error
- Excel VBA Runtime error 1004 “Select method of Range class failed”
- runtime error 1004 method range of object _global failed visual basic
- Excel macro “Run-time error ‘1004″
- Runtime error 1004 method open of object workbooks failed
- Run-Time error ‘1004’: Method ‘Ranger’ of Object’ Worksheet’ Failed
- Save As VBA Run-time Error 1004: Application-defined or object-defined error
- “Method in Key up Object Program APPLICATION Failed.”
Why Error 1004 Occurs?
There are numerous reasons that can cause VBA Excel Runtime Error 1004. Here, I am listing the most common reason that causes this error.
- Your MS Excel Desktop Icon might be corrupted
- Your VBA Excel File is being conflicted with other applications
- Due to application or object-defined error
- Due to missing dependent file
- Due to Virus, trojan or malware
- Due to Invalid Registry Keys, etc.
How to Fix MS Excel Runtime Error 1004
I think I told you much information to know what is Runtime Error 1004 and why it occurs. Now, It is time to know how can you fix this error if it is causing trouble for you. Here, I am listing some effective methods that will help you in fixing this problem.
Method 1: Fix using Outbyte PC Repair Tool
As you know, this runtime error may occur due to corrupted or damaged system files, registry files, missing dependent files, outdated apps, etc. Outbyte PC Repair Tool scans the whole PC and finds bugs and easily fixes them. This tool may help you a lot in fixing Runtime Error 1004.
Method 2: Scan System against Virus/Malware/Trojan
It is highly recommended to scan your PC using trusted and licensed antivirus software or using Advanced System Repair Tool in order to find and remove viruses/trojans/malware from your PC. These malicious apps cause so many problems in PC and cause program freezes as well as several types of runtime errors.
Method 3: Delete GWXL97.XLA File
This is the method to reset the Desktop Icon of VBA Excel File. You can delete this file as follows:
Method 4: Reinstall Excel
Reinstalling MS Excel may fix this problem permanently. There might be a chance that some of the Excel components get damaged or corrupted and causing the Runtime Error 1004. By reinstalling this application may fix this problem permanently. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Program > and uninstall the excel. Now download the latest compatible version of the excel file and install it.
Method 5: Update Windows and Drivers
Most of the time outdated windows and drivers cause various problems and runtime error 1004 is one of them. Updating Old Windows Drivers and Windows Operating Systems may fix this problem easily.
In this article, I tried to explain how can you fix MS Excel Runtime Error ‘1004’: Application or object-defined in Windows Machine.