The Runtime Error 1004 is tightly tied with MS Excel application. It appears when you work on MS Excel file and try to generate micros in excel file. However, this error may occur any time when working with excel and may cause data loss. This is very serious error and if you face this error more than once then you must read this article in order to know how to fix Run-time error ‘1004’: Application or object-defined error.
- VB: run-time error ‘1004’: Application-defined or object-defined error
- Excel VBA Runtime error 1004 “Select method of Range class failed”
- runtime error 1004 method range of object _global failed visual basic
- Excel macro “Run-time error ‘1004″
- Runtime error 1004 method open of object workbooks failed
- Run-Time error ‘1004’: Method ‘Ranger’ of Object’ Worksheet’ Failed
- Save As VBA Run-time Error 1004: Application defined or object defined error
- “Method in Key up Object Program APPLICATION Failed.”
Why Error 1004 Occurs?
There are numerous reasons that can cause VBA Excel Runtime Error 1004. Here, I am listing the most common reason that causes this error.
- Your MS Excel Desktop Icon might be corrupted
- Your VBA Excel File is being conflicting with other application
- Due to application or object defined error
- Due to missing dependent file
- Due to Virus, trojan or malware
- Due to Invalid Registry Keys, etc.
How to Fix MS Excel Runtime Error 1004
I think I told you much information to know what is Runtime Error 1004 and why it occurs. Now, this is the time to know how can you fix this error if it is causing trouble for you. Here, I am listing some effective method that will help you in fixing of this problem.
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
As you know, this runtime error may occurs due to corrupted or damaged system files, registry files, missing dependent files, outdated apps etc. Advanced System Repair Tool scans whole PC and finds bugs and easily fix them. This tool may help you a lot in fixing of Runtime Error 1004.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Method 2: Scan System agains Virus/Malware/Trojan
It is highly recommended to scan your PC using trusted and licensed antivirus software or using Advanced System Repair Tool in order find and remove virus/trojan/malware from PC. These malicious apps cause so much problem in PC and cause program freezes as well as several types of runtime errors.
Method 3: Delete GWXL97.XLA File
This is the method to reset Desktop Icon of VBA Excel File. You can delete this file as follows:
Method 4: Reinstall Excel
Reinstalling MS Excel may fix this problem permanently. There might be chance that some of Excel components gets damaged or corrupted and causing the Runtime Error 1004. By reinstalling this application may fix this problem permanently. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Program > and uninstall the excel. Now download the latest compatible version of excel file and install it.
Method 5: Update Windows and Drivers
Most of the time outdated windows and drivers cause various problems and runtime error 1004 is one of them. Updating Old Windows Drivers and Windows Operating System may fix this problem easily.
In this article, I tried to explain how can you fix MS Excel Runtime Error ‘1004’: Application or object-defined in Windows Machine.