However, Error code 0xc1900200 occurs when setup file doesn’t meet Minimum System Specification and you will get this error too in HiTech PC when try to install Anniversary Update. However, if this update error appearing because of minimum system requirements, then you can easily fix it by upgrading your PC but if this error is occurring because of other reasons then you need to go through the entire articles.
You might get the following error message:
The most of the common reason behind windows update failed is corrupted or damaged system files like DLL files, EXE files, sys files etc. There are thousands of tiny system files are there that work specific task. If one of the files gets replaced, deleted or damaged then you may get windows update error 0xc1900200.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has the large database with 25 million of files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to install windows update again.
Why Anniversary Update Fails and causes 0xc1900200 Error Code?
There are few tweaks that you need to apply before installing updates in Windows 10.
1. You must disable Anti Virus, Defender and Firewall before updating Windows 10. Antivirus, Defender, and Firewalls are set to maximum security against web threats and stops almost all the incoming connections. These security applications might create trouble when updating windows 10. After disabling it, try again to install windows update.
2. Updates all the Old and Incompatible driver: Did you update all the drivers and applications? You must update all drivers and applications to the latest version. Sometimes, older drivers cause 0xc1900200 Error.
3. Registry Update: It is the major area that causes windows 10-anniversary update error 0xc1900200. Registry File is the configuration database for Windows that keeps all the information of all the installed hardware and software. After using Windows PC for a longer time, registry file gets filled with various garbage entries. You must use Advanced System Repair Tool to fix registry related issues.
4. Try Clean Boot: Clean Boot is the process of starting windows with only required drivers and software. It works most of the times and you should also try it in order to fix the 0xc1900200 error. Here, is the detailed, step by step, a pictorial guide to starting windows PC in clean boot mode.
5. Missing File: There must be some DLL files are damaged, corrupted or replaced by another program. If one of the dependent DLL files are missing then you will always get Windows Update Error 0xc1900200. You must analysis your PC health using standard pc optimization tool like Advanced System Repair.
6. System Recovered from the Virus/Malware Attack: If recently your antivirus caught and remove any malware or viruses then there are huge chances of getting damaged your PC health. Antivirus just removes the malicious items and it didn’t fix the damages done by the virus. In order to overcome this situation, you need a good system optimization tool.
In this article, I have tried to tell you all the possible answers to fix windows update error 0xc1900200. If you found more options to fix this problem, then sure share your knowledge in the comment section. Thanks!