Error 1722 – Windows Installer Package Error is most popular error among windows user and it has affected millions of computers recently. If you are also getting this error then you are in a right place. In this guide, we will tell you everything about this installer error including their fixing methods. You may encounter one of the following error during Installation.
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
MSI Error 1722: ‘There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package’ during installation/uninstallation
“There is a problem with this Window Installer package. A program run as part of this package did not finish as expected.”
Error 1722 – The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
Error 1722 – Windows Installer Service couldn’t be started.
Error 1722 – Could not start the Windows Installer service on Local Com Error 5: Access is denied.
What is Error 1722 – Windows Installer Package Error?
Error 1722 is a kind of stop error which appears when Windows Installer failed to install the package in your system. When you click OK this error rollback the installation and then installation gets failed. No matter which software you are installing. It may appear with any software or driver installation but mostly it appears with the following installation.
2. Installing Java
3. Installing Security Software
4. Installing Drivers
5. Installing Games
6. Installing Microsoft Products etc.
The Error 1722 appears in Installer due to one of the following reasons:
2. Invalid Registry Entries that are conflicting with Installer.
3. Antivirus removes malicious files recently but left damages as well.
4. Installer Service is stopped, etc.
It affected almost all the windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server (all version).
Method 1: Fix Using Advanced System Repair
The most of the common reason behind windows Installer failed is corrupted or damaged system files like dll files, exe files, sys files etc. There are thousands of tiny system files are there that work specific task. If one of the files gets replaced, deleted or damaged then you may get windows Installer Package Error 1722.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has a large database with 25 millions of files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to install Installer Package.
Method 2: Restart Windows Installer Services
1. Click Start > Run. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
2. Find Windows Installer and double click on it.
3. Set the startup type of windows installer to manual.
4. Click Start to Start Services and click OK.
Method 3: ReRegister the Windows Installer
1. Close all the running program.
2. Open Run command. Go to Start > Run and type “msiexec /unregister” (without quotes) and click OK. It will UnRegister windows installation services.
3. Now, open run command again and type “msiexec /regserver” (without quotes) and click OK.
4. Restart your computer and you will not get Error 1722.
Method 4: Renamed Machine Key folder. This method works on Windows Server 2012 R2
1. Renamed C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder to MachineKeys.old
2. Recreate C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder
3. Moved C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys.old to C:\Temp\
4. Re-run the installer
In this article, I have described the 4 methods to fix Error 1722 – Windows Installer Package Error. If you know the more way to remove msi error 1722 then please leave your solution in the comment box.
More Installation Error