You may get the following error on your PC screen when you try to install a Microsoft Windows Installer Package.
This error stops you from installing Windows Installer Package and when you click on OK button the installation roll back. This error also appears when you try to install Skype. Mostly this error appears in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server and Windows Vista. Most of the time this problem happens when you upgraded your OS from lower version to higher version or updated Windows 10 recently.
Mostly Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation occurs when some of the important system files are missing like .dll files, .sys files etc. Virus or malware damages also cause this issue. It is very tough to examine all system files manually so the best idea to use Advanced System Repair to fix Error Code 1603. It has more than 25million files in the database, so it searches for all the corrupted or damaged windows files quickly and repairs or reinstall them automatically for you. It also repairs damages done by malware, ransomware, spyware or viruses.
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
The most of the common reason behind windows installer error is corrupted or damaged system files like dll files, exe files, sys files etc. There are thousands of tiny system files are there that work specific task. If one of the files gets replaced, deleted or damaged then you may get windows installer error 1603.
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has large database with 25 millions of files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to install windows installer package.
You will get Windows Installer error 1603 in following conditions:
2. The installation folder is encrypted in which you want to install Windows Installer.
3. The installation drive is in use by other services or program.
4. The Installation Folder doesn’t have full permission.
Method 2: Fix it Yourself
In order to fix Error Code 1603 manually, do the following steps:
1. ReInstall the conflicting app: Go to control panel and uninstall the unnecessary software which is not longer in use. Check for the shortcut icon for app and if you find that some app has missing shortcut icon then target that app. Uninstall them, restart your PC and try to Windows Update again or install windows update package.
2. Change the Installation Folder: While installation Windows Installer Package, change the destination folder if installation asked to choose a folder. This way, you can bypass the encrypted folder installation and can install the package into your custom folder.
3. Change Installation Drive: You must change installation drive. It might be possible that the drive you are using for installation windows installer package is being used by another program. So, you may get Fatal Error 1603 during Installation.
4. Grant Full Access Permission to System Accounts: Did you log in using administrator? If not log out first and then try to log in as administrator. After login as administrator do the following thing:
B) Go to Security tab. Verify that SYSTEM user account is appear in Group or user names. If it is not listed then add it using following methods.
C) Click Edit then Click Add. Select Users or Group.
D) Find SYSTEM in the object name field and click OK.
E) Now change permission to full control to the SYSTEM account.
It is not hard to fix Error 1603 if you use Advanced System Repair Tool Solution. This tool is specially designed to track and fix all types of Windows OS Problems.
More Installation Error