Most of the Windows 10 users complained recently that they are getting Invalid Value for Registry error when opening photos. This is the too annoying problem when you are locked out of your photos. Here, in this article, I will discuss some tested methods to fix this error.
Method 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
Registry file corruption is the main issues behind this error. In this situation, you need Advanced System Repair Tool to fix this problem. This tool easily scans the whole PC and repair Invalid Value for Registry just in one click.
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has the large database with 25 million files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to open photo using windows photo apps.
Method 2: Reset Photos App
Resetting photos app might be the best solution to your problem. When you reset photos app, it resets registry entry too.
1. Go to Settings > System > Apps & Features and click on “Photos” app.
2. Click on Advanced option and there, you will find reset button.
Method 3: Delete Old Registry Entry
However, this method is not suggested to the novice user because incorrect editing this file may cause severe damage to your PC. You may get Blue Screen of Death or Your PC won’t start.
1. Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R. Type regedit.exe and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor.
2. Now, browse the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Classes \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ AppModel \ Repository \ Families.
3. Find Microsoft.Windows.Photos folder and expand it. Here, you may find 8 Entries and it may possible that old entries are still there.
4. If there are 8 entries, it means 4 entries are old. If there are 4 entries, it means 2 entries are old. Delete old entries with the older version.
5. Deleting Entries are not easy. You will have to give administrative permission to do that. Right Click on Entries and go to Permission and give administrative privilege.
Method 4: Run Windows Store App Troubleshooter
Windows App Troubleshooter may fix Invalid Value for Registry error easily.
1. Click on Start Menu and search for troubleshoot. Click on Troubleshooting from the search item.
Method 5: Run System File Checker Tool
System File Checker tool is the most awesome way to fix system file corruption issues.
In this tutorial, I tried to tell you, how can you fix Invalid Value for Registry error in Windows 10. This error may stop Windows 10 Photos Apps working perfectly.