You may get Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4 in following situations:
1. After upgrading Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10
2. When you go for Windows Update and Windows 10 Update fails by showing this error.
Why 0x800705b4 Error Occurs?
The error 0x800705b4 occurs when some of the system files are unavailable to complete the process. Due to installing outdated drivers and software or viruses, some necessary system files get deleted or restricted. In this situation, you apply the following methods to fix it.
Solution 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool
The most of the common reason behind windows update failed is corrupted or damaged system files like DLL files, EXE files, sys files etc. There are thousands of tiny system files are there that work specific task. If one of the files gets replaced, deleted or damaged then you may get windows update error 0x800705b4.
3 Steps to Fix this Error
Step 2. SCAN your Windows PC
Step 3. Click Fix button to Repair Error
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC. It has the large database with 25 million of files. It will find all the damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the fresh one. After, optimizing with Advanced System Repair Tool, try to install windows update again.
Solution 2: Update all Drivers
You need to update all your system drivers. When you upgrade your PC older version to newer version, most of the drivers gets outdated or incompatible. You need to update entire driver. However, If you are using Advanced System Repair Tool then you don’t need to worry because it will automatically update all the system components. Here is a step to update system drivers manually.
3. Here, you will get all the installed devices and drivers. Expand devices and Right click on the respective driver and select Update Driver Software. You must be connected to the Internet in order to complete the update process.
Solution 3: Turn Off Windows Defender and Third Party Antivirus
2. Find Windows Defender service in the list.
3. Right click on Windows Defender and click Stop.
4. Now run windows update. After installing the update, you must start Windows Defender using same methods.
After finishing the task successfully, you won’t get windows 10 update error 0x800705b4. It is the tested methods to fix windows 10 update error 0x800705b4.